Sunday, July 8, 2007

Task 2



I took about six months to make up my mind to come over to New Zealand to pursue my education. Frankly speaking, the main reason New Zealand is my choice is because the fees is cheaper compare to my other options countries like Australia and United Kingdom. Besides that, I am planning to get my degree in the Engineering field and University of Canterbury is a wise choice, as it is known worldwide for its engineering.

Fortunately, I get to find out more about the life and study in New Zealand through my friend who came over to New Zealand three years ago. My family was not supportive towards my decision to come over New Zealand at first but as I get to explain to them the benefits here, they finally gave me the green light. This happens because my parent’s actual plan was to send me over to United Kingdom after I complete my Diploma in Quantity Surveying like my third sister. I also thought about following my third sister’s footpath but in the end, I decided to change my course to Civil Engineering before I complete my diploma in Kuching. The reason for this is that I realise that I have more interest in becoming an Engineer rather than a Quantity Surveyor.

Raven Trading Sdn. Bhd., which is the agency that helps me in gaining the knowledge and making decision to come here. The agent there is very helpful in preparing me to go into University of Canterbury. Now that I am here, I think that I have made the right choice for choosing University of Canterbury.

No comments: